Guttenberg: A Comeback in Humility?
Former German Defense Minister Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg’s political career ended in 2011. But in a Stern interview published on November 2, he was given the opportunity to present himself in a new light. “For many people, the measure of a successful return is humility,” the interviewers stated before raising the question: Has Guttenberg learned this lesson?
Guttenberg about Guttenberg:
- “I am a person with a bundle of weaknesses.”
- “I was mercilessly overestimated.”
- “I may and must let myself be reproached for my stupid immediate reaction as well as for the writing off in the doctoral thesis.”
- “I deeply repented and felt inconceivably ashamed of what I had done. And this shame will accompany me for the rest of my life.”
Now he sees himself:
- “As a seeker. … I am passionately searching for answers in a world that is getting crazier and crazier, and that many also perceive as increasingly threatening.”
Guttenberg is about to begin a high-profile media career (learn more). Why go on tv?
- “I may have screwed up a lot, but the public appearance was usually somehow successful.”
- “The world has become more complex, many people no longer understand it. My driving force is: I want to get closer to the answers and share them with people. But there is no political agenda associated with that.”
- “I also know the downsides and temptations of power.”
- “As far as my vanity goes, I’ve had a very unhealthy overdose already. You don’t need that again.”
- “As I see it, I no longer have any business in politics. No, I will not return to politics.”
However: Guttenberg’s desire to shape things and the people’s call for a stronger leader are rising exponentially with each crisis Europe faces.
“A strong leader is prophesied in the Bible to rise in Europe very soon—perhaps even within months. I believe almost certainly that you can identify who this man will be. Only one man appears able to fulfill what the Bible says about this strongman. His name is Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg.”
—Gerald Flurry, Trumpet editor in chief
Read “Is KT zu Guttenberg About to Come to Power?” to learn more about the man who may soon drastically reshape the world.