Week in Review: Two Minutes to Midnight, Turkey Attacks in Syria, China and Germany Lecture the U.S., and Much More
- The Doomsday Clock was pushed to two minutes to midnight on Thursday, a reflection of experts’ belief that the threat of global nuclear destruction is worse than at any time since 1953.
- Turkey launched a military incursion into Syria on Sunday. It showed the terrible relations with its nato ally the United States, and also pointed to a deep level of military cooperation with Germany.
- At the World Economic Forum at Davos, trade giants Germany and China have made strong statements against protectionism that are clearly aimed at American President Donald Trump.
- We’ll also talk about China making a move to swallow Taiwan, unrest in Ethiopia, a former U.S. Secretary of State involved in Palestinian diplomacy aimed at undermining the current president, and why California is the poorest state in America.
- Doomsday Clock: Closer to Midnight
- Turkey Attacks in Syria
- John Kerry Tells Palestinians to Undermine President Trump
- China and Germany Lecture the U.S.
- China Pushes Taiwan
- Ethiopia Is Falling Apart
- California’s Poverty