Right in line with Bible prophecy, the landscape in Europe has been tumultuous this past decade. Among the highlights of European changes:
• Collapse of Soviet Union. Indispensable for European unity.
• The euro. A single currency paves the way for a single government.
• Germany’s reunification. The fall of the Berlin Wall introduced a new Germany to the continent.
• German plan for dismembering Yugoslavia.
• U.S. troop withdrawal. More than two-thirds of America’s Cold War forces have pulled out of Europe. First signs of a new Europe less dependent on America.
• German support for Croatia, an old fascist ally.
• German insistence on attacking Serbia, a reviled World War II foe.
• European Union. Is there a more obvious fulfillment of Bible prophecy?
• First German combat action abroad since World War II.