Biden’s State of the Union Address: Lie After Lie
If you listened to Joe Biden’s State of the Union address last night, you might think the last two years of the Biden administration have been an unparalleled success. The reality is far different. America has suffered through recession, inflation, a border crisis, the fentanyl crisis, the vaccine autocracy, censorship, rising violence, the January 6 injustice, and the precipitous regression of American morality.
To counter this harsh reality, Biden simply lied.
- “I actually created … more jobs created in two years than any president has created in four years.” He is taking credit for people returning to jobs that had been vacated after the coronavirus lockdown forced them to stay at home.
- Biden said he is responsible for the “fastest job growth in 40 years.” That actually belongs to President Donald Trump, who boosted employment by 12.5 million from May 2020 to January 2021. Just last month, American payroll jobs fell by 2.5 million.
- “In the last two years, my administration cut the deficit by more than $1.7 trillion, the largest deficit reduction in American history,” Biden said. He reached that figure by comparing 2022 with 2020, a year when the government passed a multitrillion-dollar stimulus bill.
- “covid deaths are down nearly 90 percent.” This is because the early deaths reported anyone who died with covid-19 and not from it. The attributions now are much more truthful, hence the drop in reported deaths.
- He said inflation, which he blamed on the “unfair and brutal war in Ukraine,” is coming down. Inflation began skyrocketing almost immediately after Joe Biden took office. It was at 1.4 percent under Trump. Right now, it stands at 6.5 percent.
- January 6, 2021, was the “greatest threat since the Civil War,” Biden said. More than the fentanyl crisis, the southern border crisis, the mutilation of children by transgender fanatics—more than Pearl Harbor and 9/11.
- The pandemic caused problems “like the spike in violent crime in 2020, the first year of the pandemic,” according to Biden. He said nothing of the real reasons: The biased media stoking racial tensions and Democrats pushing to defund police. According to a Politico poll of 2,005 registered voters, 75 percent of Americans blame the crime wave on the calls to defund the police.
Biden told several more lies in his 73-minute speech, from saying Republicans want to cut social security to saying forest fires burned a larger area “than the entire state of Missouri” (7.5 million acres were burned; Missouri is 45 million acres).
This isn’t incompetence: The Biden administration has been a disaster for America. In reality, it has been Barack Obama’s third term, and it has fomented chaos by design. As Trumpet editor in chief Gerald Flurry said, “This isn’t incompetence. This is treason!”
Learn more: Read America Under Attack.