Week in Review: U.S. and Israel on Collision Course, Russia Rewrites History, Japanese Militarism, and More
- Reports this week show that the United States and Israel may soon be on a collision course over forthcoming peace negotiations.
- The people of France just elected a political outsider as their new president. This election has major implications for France, Europe and the world.
- Taking a page out of Stalin’s book, the Russian government is interfering with the way history is taught to Russian students.
- White farmers in South Africa are being targeted at alarming rates with barbaric murders.
- Also: Germany’s support for Lebanon, increasing right-wing extremism in the German military, Japan’s steps to amend its pacifist constitution, and Puerto Rico’s multibillion-dollar bankruptcy.