U.S. to Send Ukraine Additional $2 Billion of Military Aid
The United States is preparing to send Ukraine $2 billion worth of military aid, two U.S. officials told Reuters last Tuesday.
- The aid package will include a Ground Launched Small Diameter Bomb (glsdb), which would extend Ukraine’s missile defense reach twice as far as it is now.
- The glsdb would bring all of Russia’s eastern supply lines into target range, as well as parts of Crimea, forcing Russia to redirect its supply routes and push back its bases farther from the front line.
- This long-range rocket is being offered instead of the Army Tactical Missile System (atms) that Ukraine requested.
- The U.S. fears the atms would unnecessarily escalate the conflict.
- Also included in the package are Javelin antitank weapons, counter drone systems, armored vehicles, communications equipment and medical supplies.
- The U.S. has given over $27 billion to Ukraine since February 2022. But the aid is sent under “lend-lease” terms, meaning Ukraine must repay it, either through monetary means or by using U.S. contractors to rebuild the nation.
The Trumpet said: As Russia’s brutal war approaches the one-year mark, Ukraine’s partners are ramping up their military assistance to the nation. But the support from the U.S. and others will not be enough.
In December 2022, the Trumpet wrote, “However the situation pans out in the short term, and as bitter as it is to say, we should expect Putin to win the war. And this is because of what Trumpet editor in chief Gerald Flurry has said about Putin’s role in Bible prophecy.” Mr. Flurry has explained that the Bible actually prophesies Vladimir Putin will rule Russia in the end time:
This world has a lot of authoritarian rulers. But Vladimir Putin is one we need to keep a particularly close eye on. His track record, his nationality and his ideology show that he is fulfilling a linchpin Bible prophecy. The time frame of his rule also shows that nobody else could be fulfilling the Ezekiel 38 and 39 prophecy.
Learn more: Read The Prophesied ‘Prince of Russia.’