• In 1993, American officials confiscated enough highly enriched uranium for 20 nuclear bombs using ordinary bolt cutters to remove a single padlock—the only form of security at an abandoned Soviet facility.
• The soviet military probably developed “suitcase” nuclear munitions, 80 or more of which are unaccounted for.
Significant quantities of highly enriched Soviet uranium are missing.
• Chemical and biological weapons produced under the Saddam Hussein regime remain unaccounted for.
• In the past 11 years, there have been 630 confirmed incidents of trafficking nuclear and radioactive materials.
• In April this year, Jordanian authorities seized over 20 tons of explosive agents and 71 lethal chemicals from terrorists planning an attack on the nation’s capital that was to occur only a few days later.