Joe Biden Plots Massive Hiring Spree
Joe Biden’s budget proposal will kick off one of the fastest expansions of government bureaucracy in United States history. It will add 75,000 non-defense employees to government payrolls in just one year. That is an astonishing 5 percent increase.
When President Donald Trump left office on Jan. 20, 2021, there were 2.2 million executive branch employees, excluding military personnel and the U.S. Postal Service. Biden has added only a few thousand new employees so far, but plans to add nearly 175,000 more before the end of his term.
Administrative state: About 1,000 nonmilitary employees assisted George Washington. A century later, about 40,000 nonmilitary employees assisted Benjamin Harrison. Less than 50 years later, Franklin Roosevelt swelled the number of federal bureaucrats to an all-time high of 3.5 million nonmilitary employees. Today, there are about 2,849,000 federal employees in 15 executive departments and 438 nonmilitary agencies. This sprawling administrative state is set to consume $6.2 trillion in 2023, nearly one quarter of America’s economic output.
Shadow government: New presidents generally appoint less than 1 percent of federal positions. The other 99 percent are career bureaucrats. This is why most federal agencies have evolved into independent entities over which conservative presidents have limited control. The so-called “deep state” operates on its own compass heading regardless of who is formally in power.
In Daniel 8:11-12, God says this deep state is an organized host, or army, which empowers a political Antiochus to cast down the truth to the ground. To learn more about the inner workings of this host, read “The Obama Media Empire Strikes Back” and “Is the ‘Deep State’ Real?”