Philadelphia Trumpet • September/October 2001 • Volume 12, No. 8
- Cover StoryA New World EconomyWhen Jesus Christ finally establishes it, people everywhere will marvel at how efficient world government can be without overburdening taxes.
- Avoid the Cash CrunchHere is the most overlooked key to succeeding financially in the midst of today’s economic downturn.
- Coming Soon: Pure Language, Pure ThoughtsWe take linguistic, cultural and religious confusion for granted. But it is all about to come to an end.
- DepartmentsFrom the EditorWhy the Trumpet?
- ArticlesIs America Becoming Isolationist?Signs are emerging that America will soon be outpaced—and outgunned—by a new kid on the block.
- The Summit PlummetJuly’s G-8 summit was plagued by protests—and short on answers. Is the new globalism working?
- Britain Dislodged Over the RockThe EU, like a kind uncle, has been good to Spain, lavishing it with high agricultural subsidies and Europe’s priciest road system. Will the EU now help Spain retrieve Gibraltar?
- “Hondo!” in ZimbabwePresident Mugabe’s war on white farm owners reveals a nation whose “solutions” are worse than its problems.
- DepartmentsCommentaryA Warning of HopeChrist said to preach “good news.” So why is the Trumpet so full of the bad?