Philadelphia Trumpet • December 2000 • Volume 11, No. 10
- Cover StoryThe Rule of LawyersHow it has replaced the rule of law
- Does Choosing a Leader Have to Be So Complicated?What God thinks of American democracy
- Like a Biblical Prophet … Nobel Prize Winner Warned AmericaAlexander Solzhenitsyn received the Nobel Prize for literature in 1970. He is one of the world’s most famous writers. In 1978, he delivered the Harvard commencement address. I believe it was the most condemning public speech ever given on American soil. America and the West scorned his warning message of hope. That negative reaction is proving to be a major disaster!
- DepartmentsFrom the EditorThe Real Election Crisis
- ArticlesThe Drugging of AmericaWhy the world’s greatest superpower is also the world’s biggest drug addict
- Yugoslavia Comes in From the ColdThe European Union lost no time in drawing what is left of Yugoslavia into its net. The “newly democratized” states of Serbia and Montenegro formally became members of the EU’s Balkan Stability Pact in October.
- Absolute Power Corrupts AbsolutelyContinuing from last month’s feature, “Our Christian Duty,” we now investigate where there has been a real abuse of power.
- DepartmentsCommentaryDuty, Honor, CountryHave we become our own enemy?