Are We Living in the End Time?
About 4 in 10 Americans believe we are living in the “end times,” according to Pew Research Center survey published on November 17.
The analysts asked 10,156 American adults, both religious and nonaffiliated, “Do you believe we are living in the end times?”
- 58 percent do not believe humanity is living in the end time.
- 39 percent responded “Yes.” Of these, 14 percent believe world conditions will worsen until the return of Jesus Christ.
- 3 percent gave no answer.
- Almost half (47 percent) of Christians responded “Yes.”
- A quarter of those surveyed agree it is the end time but do not associate it with Christ’s return.
Are we in the last days? Phrases like “end time” or “last days” are typically associated with the Bible and the return of Jesus Christ. Yet even nonreligious people see the current state of the world as a potential threat to human life. We wrote in our reprint article “Are We Living in the Last Days?”:
Jesus Christ prophesied today’s world conditions in vivid language. He foretold the wars, famines, disease epidemics and natural disasters that are now occurring increasingly before our very eyes! Scientists and world leaders—most of whom know little of Bible prophecy, and even reject the Bible—readily admit that events He prophesied are taking place right now!