Philadelphia Trumpet • August 2006 • Volume 17, No. 7
- WorldShrugging at EvilIran freely declares its evil and violent intentions. The West responds with an incentives package. What will it take for America and other Western nations to take Tehran seriously?
- WorldThe Dawning of a New GermanyWith the World Cup in progress, Germany has captured the world’s attention. The tournament will end, but here is why you should keep your eyes glued to this nation.
- Wanted: Savior for EuropeTogether, the growing presence of Islam and a pervasive spirit of secularism threaten Europe’s cultural, political and religious landscape. Facing these two crises, Europe will once again look to the Vatican for solutions.
- From the EditorA Clash of Civilizations Is Imminent
- Care Package From RomeEurophiles expect the election of Romano Prodi as Italy’s new prime minister to help energize the EU.
- Latin America Swings LeftThe United States’ southern neighbors are installing unfriendly leftist governments. Should Washington even give it a second thought?
- SocietyNation: A Place With BordersThe debate over illegal immigration shows a fundamental misunderstanding of what’s at stake: the nation itself.
- CommentaryDon’t Know Much About SamuraiEsteeming ourselves more highly than we ought—and a lesson learned.