Philadelphia Trumpet • January 2006 • Volume 17, No. 1
- 2005 In ReviewSigns of the TimesCrossing into the latter half of the first decade of the new millennium, we reflect on the most profound events of the past year. Though they would appear to offer little hope of world peace, they do, in fact, point to the imminence of far, far better times to come!
- WorldFrom the EditorLearn From History—or PerishMany colleges and universities no longer require students to take history. They don’t think it has much value. But they are making a deadly mistake of the greatest magnitude! We need to understand why.
- The Ostrich, the Warriors and the WhirlwindA real-life fable about a losing battle
- Borderline BargainThe Gaza Strip border with Egypt must be looked after. Israel has been pressured to turn the job over to the EU. What might the consequences be?
- To the Victor Go the SpoilsThe Kosovo debacle is finally coming to a close. Albania’s gain will be Serbia’s loss. But who is the real winner?
- SocietyIs Bird Flu Really a Threat?
- EconomyThe Wizard Steps DownThe outgoing Fed chairman has earned praise in many circles. But he leaves an economy on the brink.
- ReligionUnderstanding the BibleDo you understand the Bible? If you don’t, then you are missing out on the most important dimension in all human knowledge. The Bible leads the way to true education. Here’s how to understand the Bible.
- CommentaryUse Your Indoor VoiceA lesson in taking a lesson.