Philadelphia Trumpet • March/April 2005 • Volume 16, No. 3
- CoverGermany in CrisisThe good times are over for Germany. The postwar miracle of rapid recovery and aggressive development that built the German welfare state has devolved into an internal economic and political malaise, increasing social unrest. Which way is Germany headed—boom or bust?
- WorldFreedom Marches Out of EuropeOne might make a case for freedom being “on the march” in the Middle East. The story is entirely different elsewhere in the world.
- WorldFrom the EditorChurchill’s Warning for TodayMany authorities say that World War II was the greatest tragedy of the 20th century. But an even worse tragedy was that we failed to learn from Winston Churchill’s warning before that war. Future events will prove this statement true.
- New Hope in the Peace Process?Israel’s eagerness to sacrifice for peace fulfills a devastating biblical prophecy.
- China’s Military MuscleChina’s widely reported economic boom has spawned a widely under-reported military boom.
- SocietyDisease Pandemics Are ComingIt’s unpleasant to think about, but the Bible’s prophetic warnings are clear. Will they affect you?
- ReligionThe Book Only a Few KnowThe Bible consistently tops the list of bestselling books. Yet few know it. It is time to take a fresh look at the Book of books.
- WorldCommentaryFreedom’s MarchWhat Iraq, and the whole world, can look forward to!
- SocietyThe Hunger Myth